I hope everyone has had a good week. Its been a fast week, but a slow week for me. I’ve been busy, but had a lots of time to get things done. I guess at the end of the week that means a good thing.
I wanted to leave you with a Friday Trivia About Dogs, all those things you need to know about dogs…if you felt so inclined. I didn’t realize it cost sooo much money to own a dog!! Is there anything new here you didn’t know about…or you think is different?
– Based on an average life span of 11 years, the cost of owning a dog is $13,350.
– Dogs only sweat from the bottoms of their feet, the only way they can discharge heat is by panting. Dogs and wolves yawn as a sign of contentment.
– Dogs have about 100 facial expressions most of them done with their ears. Unfortunately the likes of pitbulls only have about 10 and that is because of their breeding. Therefore these dogs gets misinterpreted by other dogs and end up getting into fights.
– A dog’s sense of smell is one of the keenest in nature. If a pot of stew was cooking on a stove, a human would smell the stew, while the dog could smell the beef, carrots, peas, potatoes, spices, and all the other individual ingredients in the stew. In fact, if you unfolded and laid out the delicate membranes from inside a dogs nose, the membranes would be larger than the dog itself.
It was recently discovered that dogs DO see in color, just not as vivid as the color that humans see
Two dogs survived the sinking of Titanic, yes that’s right, two DOGS survived. They escaped on early lifeboats carrying so few people that no one objected. Miss Margaret Hays of New York brought her Pomeranian with her in lifeboat No. 7, while Henry Sleeper Harper of the publishing family boarded boat No. 3 with his Pekinese, Sun Yat Sen.
– Giving dogs chocolate could be fatal for them, because theobromine, an ingredient of chocolate, stimulates the central nervous system and cardiac muscle. About 1.1 kg of milk chocolate or just 146 g of cooking chocolate (which has more theobromine per gram) could kill a 22 kg dog.
Have a wonderful weekend.